Match facts ahead of #BMGSCF
Everything you need to know as the Foals take on FC Augsburg on Saturday night (20:30 CEST) in the Bundesliga.
- Under the current coronavirus measures being enforced by the federal and state governments, all professional sporting events must take place behind closed doors.
- Borussia and SC Freiburg will meet for the 38th time in the Bundesliga. The record so far is in favour of the weekend's visitors: they have won 13 of the previous 37 meetings so far, while the Foals have won eleven games. The other 13 meetings ended in a draw.
- In the past 25 Bundesliga duels between the two clubs, the away team has never won. The last away win in the fixture went the way of the Foals in March 2002 (1-0, Max Eberl played 90 minutes at the time).
- Freiburg's last and only Bundesliga win in Mönchengladbach was over a quarter of a century ago: on 1st April 1995, when goals from Damir Buric and Uwe Wassmer secured a 2-1 victory. Since then, Borussia have gone 16 Bundesliga games unbeaten at home against SCF (10 wins, 6 draws), which longer than against any other Bundesliga team.
- The 1-1 draw at BORUSSIA-PARK on 15th March 2019 was Freiburg's only point in the past six away games against the Foals.
Statistics – presented by UNIBET
- No other team has scored as many goals from set pieces as Gladbach (18) in the Bundesliga this season. Freiburg have scored 13 goals from set plays (4th).
- Gladbach have lost a lead more than any other team in the league this season (9 times), with the Foals dropping 21 points (6 draws, 3 defeats) from winning positions. SC Freiburg have also let 15 points slip after taking the lead (6 draws, 1 defeat). In the reverse fixture in Freiburg, Borussia led 1-0, then Freiburg went 2-1 up, before the game ended in a 2-2 draw.
- The Foals have converted 45 percent of their clear-cut chances in the Bundesliga this season (15th place), while SC Freiburg have a rate of 72 percent (2nd behind Bremen).
- Only VfL Wolfsburg have allowed fewer clear-cut chances (18) than Borussia (21) so far this season.
- Oscar Wendt could be set to play his 300th competitive game for Borussia, while Nico Elvedi is in line for a 200th competitive appearance for the club.
- SC Freiburg defeated FC Augsburg 2-0 before the international break to take them to 37 points from 26 games. That's the joint best return for the club since Christian Streich has been in charge, tied with last season's tally.
- The DFB will confirm the officials on the day of the match, due to the coronavirus measures in place.
- Fans can follow the match on social media using the hashtag #BMGSCF or by following Borussia’s English-language account on Facebook and Twitter.