Match facts ahead of #SVWBMG
Everything you need to know as the Foals wrap up the 2020/21 Bundesliga season with a trip to SV Werder Bremen on Saturday (kick off 15:30 CEST).
- Despite decreasing numbers of Coronavirus cases in the north of Germany, the final Bundesliga game of the season must still take place behind closed doors to the public. However, the easing of restrictions in Bremen allows at least 100 Werder club staff to attend the game at the Weserstadion.
- Borussia and Werder will meet for the 104th time in the Bundesliga. The Foals have the slightly better record, winning on 40 occasions. Saturday’s hosts have won 38 times, while the two sides have drawn 25 previous meetings.
- Gladbach are unbeaten in 10 Bundesliga games against Werder (7 wins, 3 draws). Werder have won just one of the past 16 league meetings: a 2-1 home victory on 30th August 2015.
Statistics – presented by UNIBET
- The Foals have recorded one win in their last nine Bundesliga away games and have picked up a total of 18 points on the road this season. Last season, the team recorded 27 points from away games.
- The Foals' 22 goals from set pieces is a current league best and is also a club record since recording this statistic began. Jonas Hofmann’s ten assists from dead balls are surpassed only by Vincenzo Grifo (SC Freiburg).
- The club's top scorer this season Lars Stindl (13 league goals) comes up against his favourite opponent: Stindl has scored seven Bundesliga goals against Bremen alone.
- Marco Rose will leave Borussia as the coach with at least the third-best win percentage in club history. Only Hennes Weisweiler and Udo Lattek had better point averages (1.74 and 1.72) than Rose (1.66) when converted to the three-point-per-win system.
- As in the previous season, Bremen have one of the worst home records in the league, even though their current tally of 14 points exceeds last season's 9. However, this season is still the second-worst at home in the club's history.
- SV Werder Bremen have won at least 8 games every season in their long Bundesliga history. Going into the final game of this season’s campaign, the Green and Whites sit on seven wins.
- To secure their safety, Werder need to better Bielefeld's result (playing in Stuttgart). If Werder draw or lose, Köln can surpass them should they win their game against Schalke.
- The DFB will confirm the officials on the day of the match, due to the Coronavirus measures in place.
- Fans can follow the match on social media using the hashtag #SVWBMG or by following Borussia’s English-language accounts on Facebook and Twitter.