Facts and stats ahead of #SCFBMG
All the important facts and stats ahead of the Foals’ Bundesliga game away at SC Freiburg on Saturday afternoon (15:30 CET).
- Following the decisions met by the federal government and states, professional sport must take place behind closed doors at the moment.
- SC Freiburg and Borussia are meeting for the 37th time in the Bundesliga. The record to date is slightly in favour of Freiburg: they’ve won 13 times, the Foals have won eleven encounters and there have been twelve draws.
- The away team hasn’t won any of the last 24 Bundesliga matches between the sides.
- The last away victory for either side in the fixture came on 23rd March 2002, when Borussia won 1-0 thanks to a goal from Arie van Lent. Max Eberl played the full 90 minutes at right-back. It remains Borussia’s only win in their 18 games in Freiburg.
- Freiburg are unbeaten in twelve Bundesliga home games against Borussia (ten wins, two draws), which is Freiburg’s longest unbeaten home run against any side. Freiburg have won more home games, and scored more goals at home, against Borussia than any other side in the Bundesliga (12 and 33 respectively).
Stats – in partnership with UNIBET:
- The Foals are unbeaten at home this season (two wins, three draws); both losses came away from home (in Dortmund and Leverkusen).
- Borussia scored four goals in a game for the first time this season last time out against Schalke (4-1).
- The Foals have scored three goals in each of their last three Bundesliga away games. They have only gone on a longer run twice: the Foals scored at least three goals in four consecutive away games under André Schubert in 2015 and under Hennes Weisweiler in 1973/74.
- No side has scored more goals from set pieces than Borussia in the Bundesliga this season (eight). The Foals have scored at least one goal from a set piece in six of their nine games.
- Matthias Ginter, born in Freiburg, made his Bundesliga debut on 21st January 2012 in Christian Streich’s first game as Freiburg head coach. He scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Augsburg two days after his 18th birthday, making him the youngest goalscorer in Freiburg’s Bundesliga history.
- SC Freiburg have gone eight games without a win (their longest winless run since early 2019). They got a point last time out against Augsburg after a three-game losing streak. They are currently two points above the relegation zone.
- SC Freiburg would be level on points with Borussia Dortmund if they had kept all of their leads this season. They gave a lead away for the fifth time against Augsburg (four draws, one defeat), which is the most of any side in the league. Streich’s side have lost eleven points from winning positions; instead of 18 points like Borussia Dortmund, Freiburg have just seven.
- Freiburg are yet to win a Bundesliga home game this season. After two draws in the first two games (against Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen, each 1-1), they’ve lost two games in the Schwarzwald Stadium (4-2 against Leverkusen and 3-1 against Mainz).
- You can follow the game using the hashtag #SCFBMG and on social media with our English-language Twitter and Facebook accounts.