All you need to know ahead of Saturday’s away game vs. FSV Mainz 05. Kickoff in the Opel-Arena is at 18:30 CET.
27,400 tickets have been sold so far, nearing the Opel-Arena’s 33,305 person capacity. 4,500 Borussia fans are set to travel to the game.
- The two teams have met 26 times in the Bundesliga before. The Foals have the better record, winning ten times. Mainz have won seven times, while the other eight meetings have ended in draws.
- Borussia are unbeaten against Mainz in their last five meetings, claiming three wins and two draws. Gladbach’s last loss came back on the 29th January 2016, in a 0-1 defeat.
- Mainz suffered their worst defeat in the first half of the current season to Borussia, losing 4-0.
- Mainz did not manage to score against the Foals in 2018, and have only managed to score three goals in their last six outings against Gladbach, never scoring more than one goal per game.
- Borussia suffered their worst defeat of the season last time out vs. FC Bayern München, losing 5-1. For the first time since the end of Matchday 6, the Foals are now out of the top three in the table.
- Gladbach have not won in four games, drawing once and losing the other three. This is the longest winless streak for Dieter Hecking’s team this season.
- In their last four games, the Foals have conceded as many goals as they conceded in their previous 16 Bundesliga matches combined (12). Only Augsburg have conceded more in this same period (13).
- Mainz have won just one of their last five matches. Only Schalke have a worse record in this period, collecting just a single point.
- No Bundesliga team has conceded more goals from set-pieces in 2019 than Mainz (8). The last four goals the 05ers have conceded have all come from set-pieces.
- Mainz have scored just 27 goals from 24 matchdays. The only time they scored fewer goals at this same stage was back in the 2006/07 season (22), when they were eventually relegated.
Markus Schmidt will be in charge of Saturday’s game. The 45-year-old from Stuttgart will be refereeing his 167th Bundesliga match.