All you need to know ahead of Friday’s home game vs. SC Freiburg. The match kicks off at 20:30 CET at BORUSSIA-PARK.
Approximately 45,800 tickets have been sold for Friday’s game.
Head to head
- In the 33 meetings between both sides, the two teams are almost equally-matched: Freiburg have won 12 games, Gladbach 10. The other 11 encounters have ended in a draw.
- Borussia are unbeaten against Freiburg in 14 home matches (9 wins, 5 draws). The Foals have not gone so long undefeated at home against a current Bundesliga team than Freiburg.
- Freiburg have only beaten Schalke (14) more times than they have Gladbach (12, joint with the amount of times they have defeated Eintracht Frankfurt).
- Freiburg have scored 48 goals against Gladbach (the same as they have against Werder Bremen). They’ve scored more goals in the Bundesliga versus these two sides than any other team.
- After a four game winless streak (3 defeats, 1 draw), Borussia returned to winning ways with a 1-0 result over FSV Mainz, and hence ended their longest winless streak in the Bundesliga under Dieter Hecking.
- In each of their last ten seasons where the Foals have had at least 46 points from 25 games, they have gone on to finish in the top four. 11 clean sheets from 25 Bundesliga games is a new club record.
- Borussia have lost their last three home games, conceding 11 times and scoring just once. The last time they had a longer winless Bundesliga streak at home was back in November 2010, in a five match run lasting until February 2011.
- SC Freiburg have lost just one of their past six Bundesliga matches (2 wins, 3 draws) – their last loss came on Matchday 24, in a 2-0 loss to Bayer Leverkusen.
- With 30 points already accrued, Freiburg have an 11 point gap over 16th place. No Bundesliga team with such a large points gap at this stage of the season has ever been relegated, since the introduction of three points for a win.
- Freiburg have won just one of their last ten away games in the top flight (4 draws, 5 defeats.) Their last win on the road came back on Matchday 17, in a 1-0 victory over 1. FC Nürnberg.
- Freiburg’s coach Christian Streich has met no coach more in the Bundesliga than Dieter Hecking (11 times). Streich’s head to head record against Hecking is a negative one (3 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats).
- SC Freiburg have conceded a league-high 15 times from set-pieces (a joint high with Augsburg). Borussia however, along with Bayern and Leipzig, have conceded the lowest amount of goals from set-pieces (6).
Dr. Robert Kampka will oversee Friday’s game.