All the important facts and information ahead of Friday evening’s DFB-Pokal away game at SV Sandhausen (20:45 CEST).
- There are only a few remaining tickets available for the game at the BWT Stadium in Hardtwald. SV Sandhausen are expecting a full house of 15,000 spectators. The Fohlenelf will be accompanied by around 4,000 travelling fans.
Head-to-head between Sandhausen and Borussia
- This DFB-Pokal matchup is the first encounter between Sandhausen and Borussia. The teams have never faced each other in a competitive game.
- Borussia have won the DFB-Pokal three times, most recently in 1995, and have reached the final on two additional occasions.
- Last season the Fohlenelf were knocked out in the second round against Bayer Leverkusen in a 5-0 defeat.
- 15 Pokal matches have needed a penalty shootout to decide the fate of Gladbach and on five occasions the Fohlenelf came out on top.
- SVS are taking part in the Pokal competition for the tenth season in a row. They have reached the round of 16 twice in this time period (13/14 and 16/17). Last season Sandhausen were knocked out in a 3-0 defeat to 1. FC Heidenheim in the second round.
- The game hastag is #SVSBMG. Follow the match on: