NEWS: 08.10.2019

Thuram is Borussia’s Player of the Month for September

Thuram is Borussia’s Player of the Month for September
Marcus Thuram is Borussia's Player of the Month for September

Borussia fans have voted Marcus Thuram as their Player of the Month for September. The award, which is presented by “Cichon Personalmanagement”, will be given to the Frenchman who beat out Yann Sommer for the title.

Marcus Thuram was by far the leading vote getter in this month’s race. 75% of the people who voted in the Foals app went for the young Frenchman with the other 25% going for Sommer.

Man of the Match against Düsseldorf and Hoffenheim

Thuram was voted the Man of the Match twice in September. He didn’t even start in the home game against Fortuna Düsseldorf but he came on in the 67thminute for Alassane Plea with the score at 1-0 and gave a match winning performance. First of all he put a great ball from Stefan Lainer in to the back of the net, then two minutes before time he sealed the win after a chaotic sequence in the opposition box.Thuram also contributed heavily during the 3-0 away win at TSG Hoffenheim, providing Plea with a great pass to score before producing a great solo effort himself to score the second goal.

The Players of the Month this season:

  • · August: Yann Sommer
  • · September: Marcus Thuram

Weitere News

Sommer voted Borussia Player of the Month for April

Sommer voted Borussia Player of the Month for April 07.05.2019

Borussia fans have voted Yann Sommer as Player of the Month for April. The goalkeeper finished ahead of Denis Zakaria and Raffael in the vote, presented by Cichon Personalmanagement.

Sommer is Borussia’s Player of the Month for January

Sommer is Borussia’s Player of the Month for January 05.02.2019

Borussia fans have voted for Yann Sommer as their player of the month for January. In the poll presented by “Cichon Personalmanagement”, the Swiss goalkeeper won 65% of the vote, with Patrick Herrmann in second place.

Plea is Borussia’s Player of the Month for September

Plea is Borussia’s Player of the Month for September 09.10.2018

Borussia fans have voted Alassane Plea as their Player of the Month for September. In the vote, presented by “Cichon Personalmanagement”, the attacker was the clear winner over Yann Sommer.