NEWS: 05.02.2020

Sommer is Borussia’s Player of the Month for January

Sommer is Borussia’s Player of the Month for January
Borussia fans have voted Yann Sommer as their Player of the Month for January.

Borussia fans have voted Yann Sommer as their Player of the Month for January. The goalkeeper beat out Alassane Plea to the award, which is sponsored by Cichon Management.

Yann Sommer has been voted as our Player of the month for the first time this season. The vote for the award, sponsored by Cichon Management, was narrowed down to the Swiss man and his French counterpart Alassane Plea. However, Sommer received over 82% of the vote, with the other 18% going to Plea.

Sommer proved to be a formidable last line of defence for Borussia before the turn of the New Year and since the start of the Rückrunde, he has continued in the very same vein of form. When the team went to Schalke, for example, the goalkeeper made several incredible saves to keep them out. When it came to both goals, however, he was completely helpless, but the fans recognised his great performance, giving him nearly 83% of the vote. Even in the home game against Mainz, every time he was called upon, he answered and helped the team massively on its way to their eighth home victory in a row.

Other winners so far this season

  • August: Denis Zakaria
  • September: Marcus Thuram
  • October: Marcus Thuram
  • November: Marcus Thuram
  • December: Ramy Bensebaini
  • January: Yann Sommer

Weitere News

Thuram is Borussia’s Player of the Month for September

Thuram is Borussia’s Player of the Month for September 08.10.2019

Borussia fans have voted Marcus Thuram as their Player of the Month for September. The award, which is presented by “Cichon Personalmanagement”, will be given to the Frenchman who beat out Yann Sommer for the title.

Sommer voted Borussia Player of the Month for April

Sommer voted Borussia Player of the Month for April 07.05.2019

Borussia fans have voted Yann Sommer as Player of the Month for April. The goalkeeper finished ahead of Denis Zakaria and Raffael in the vote, presented by Cichon Personalmanagement.

Sommer is Borussia’s Player of the Month for January

Sommer is Borussia’s Player of the Month for January 05.02.2019

Borussia fans have voted for Yann Sommer as their player of the month for January. In the poll presented by “Cichon Personalmanagement”, the Swiss goalkeeper won 65% of the vote, with Patrick Herrmann in second place.