Everything you need to know ahead of Sunday’s derby at home against 1. FC Köln (15:30 CET).
- BORUSSIA-PARK is sold-out for the match, with 54,022 tickets having been made available for the derby. It’s the fourth time this Bundesliga season that the Foals will be playing in front of a sold-out house, after the games against FC Schalke 04, Werder Bremen and Bayern München.
- This will be the 90th Bundesliga meeting between these two sides on a Sunday. The Foals have won more games (49) and scored more goals (175) against Köln than against any other team.
- Borussia won the 100th competitive meeting against Köln in the Hinrunde (1-0). Borussia could win both Bundesliga games within a single season against Köln for the first time since 2011/12.
- Borussia have won five of their last six Bundesliga home games against Köln, conceding just one goal in these games. Their only loss came in November 2016 (2-1).
- Borussia have won each of their last eight Bundesliga home games. Their most recent defeat came on matchday 3 against Leipzig (3-1).
- Borussia haave already scored eight goals from free-kicks – no other side has managed to score more than four times in this manner. But, the Foals have scored just once off a corner – a joint league-low.
- Gladbach have conceded just 23 goals this season – a league best together with Bayern München. No side has let in fewer goals in the final 30 minutes of matches than the Foals (7).
- Alassane Plea is Borussia’s top goalscorer this season (8 goals). After scoring the opener in the 2-2 draw against Leipzig, he was shown two yellows in quick succession and was sent off. Plea had been shown just two yellows in his 51 Bundesliga games prior.
- Köln have won fve of their last six Bundesliga games. Only FC Bayern (18) have taken more points in this timeframe than Köln (15).
- Jhon Cordoba scored against Freiburg last time out, and has now netted in six consecutive Bundesliga home games. The last player to do so was Klaus Allofs in 1984. But, the Columbian is without an away goal in the Bundesliga since September 2016 (31 games).
- Köln have scored a league-high 10 goals from corners this season, including one on MD20 against Freiburg (4-0 win). Additionally, no other team has scored as many headed goals this season as the Billy Goats have (9).
- Köln have scored six goals after the 90th minute – no other Bundesliga side has netted more than three in this timeframe of games.
- FIFA referee Denis Aytekin from Oberasbach will take charge of the match. The 41-year-old business economist has been officiating Bundesliga games since 2008.
- Aytekin has officiated 173 Bundesliga matches to date, including 23 that featured the Foals (most recently on MD18’s 2-0 defeat auf Schalke). Borussia’s record under Aytekin stands at 11 wins, four draws and eight losses.
- The linemen for the match will be Christian Dietz and Eduard Beitinger. Frank Willenborg will be the fourth official, while Günter Perl and Tobias Christ will be on duty as the video assistant referees.