Facts and stats ahead of #BMGTSG
Everything you need to know ahead of the Foals’ Bundesliga clash with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim at BORUSSIA-PARK on Saturday (15:30 CET).
- As part of the current pandemic measures introduced by the federal and state governments, professional sporting events must take place without spectators. For this reason, the home game against Hoffenheim will have to be played behind closed doors at BORUSSIA-PARK.
- Borussia will no longer be playing the stadium anthem, ‘Die Seele Brennt’ until further notice. This is due to ongoing legal proceedings with the song’s artist. Until this matter is settled, the song will therefore not be played as part of the build-up to matches at BORUSSIA-PARK.
Head-to-head record between Borussia and TSG Hoffenheim
- Borussia and Hoffenheim will meet for the 25th time in the Bundesliga on Saturday. The record so far is completely even, with both the Foals and TSG winning seven of the last 24 games along with ten draws.
- VfL are unbeaten against Hoffenheim in the last six meetings between the sides, with two wins and four draws.
- The Foals’ last defeat to TSG came back in April 2017 when Borussia lost 5-3 in Sinsheim. This is the only loss in the last 13 Bundesliga games against Hoffenheim, with seven draws and five wins in that time.
- The last time Hoffenheim won in Mönchengladbach was on 24th March 2012, when Markus Babbel’s side came away 2-1 winners. Borussia are unbeaten at home since then, recording three wins and five draws. The last four games at home to TSG have all been draws.
Statistics - in partnership with UNIBET:
- Borussia have drawn six of their twelve Bundesliga matches so far this season. Six draws are already more than in the whole of last season, when the Foals drew just five games. The only time the Foals have drawn more games in the first twelve matchdays was in the 1970/71 season with seven.
- Marco Rose’s team are still unbeaten at BORUSSIA-PARK this season in the Bundesliga, having won two and drawn four games.
- Borussia have scored ten of their 23 goals so far this season from set pieces, the most in the league. The most recent of these were in the game away to Eintracht Frankfurt when Lars Stindl scored the Foals’ first direct freekick since April 2018 followed by a penalty.
- Matthias Ginter has not lost any of his 13 Bundesliga matches against Hoffenheim, having won five and drawn eight games against them. In addition to this, he has scored more against TSG than against any other club, with four goals in his five games against them in a Borussia shirt. He struck for the Foals in the most recent meeting with the side from Sinsheim, a 1-1 draw on matchday 23 of last season.
- Hoffenheim had a strong start to the season with a 3-2 away win against Köln and a 4-1 victory over European Champions FC Bayern München. However since then, Sebastian Hoeneß’s side have won just one of ten Bundesliga matches.
- Only Frankfurt, Schalke and Hoffenheim are yet to keep a clean sheet in the current season. In total, TSG have conceded 22 goals in twelve games so far this campaign. Only the bottom three teams in the league have shipped more goals than Sebastian Hoeneß’s team.
- Hoffenheim have not won any of their last five away games in the Bundesliga, having alternatingly lost three and drawn two matches. The last time TSG went so long without an away win was three years ago under Julian Nagelsmann.
- Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the DFB will not decide on the referee for the game until short notice.
- You can follow the game using the hashtag #BMGTSG and on social media with our English-language Twitter and Facebook accounts.